Preferred Capital Management is looking to hire a Unit Manager for a state-of-the-art sow unit near Sebeka, MN. In this role, you will have direct responsibility for all daily operations of this 4,800 sow-unit. These responsibilities include all aspects of pig production, staff management and unit upkeep. It is imperative that the unit manager understands what the keys are to make a unit successful and is able to thrive in this environment
This position typically works Monday through Friday and every third weekend. We offer competitive pay, paid time off, holiday pay, health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 401k plan.
Oversees all areas of personnel management:
Oversees all areas of production:
Maintain communication with PCM point persons. Meets with PCM and Ownership as needed:
1. High school diploma or GED diploma; or equivalent related experience.
2. Leadership experience with a swine or livestock role.
3. Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
4. Ability to read and understand work procedures, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions.
5. Ability to interact effectively with employees, veterinarians, owners, vendors, and all levels of the organization.
6. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
7. Must be able to work every third weekend.
8. Must have valid driver’s license.
9. Lead or management experience on a farm of 2,500+ sows or equivalent related experience.
If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our application now. We look forward to meeting you!
If you value partnerships based on trust, authentic relationships and a desire to work in agriculture, Preferred Capital Management wants to talk with you. We are a full pork management resource to help farmers succeed with their swine operations.
At Preferred Capital Management, we pledge to exceed expectations, for our customers and for our team members. We believe in treating our team with respect, valuing your input and providing opportunities for career growth.
Headquartered in Fairmont, Minnesota, Preferred Capital Management serves production farmers in northern Iowa, southern Minnesota and eastern South Dakota. Take some to explore our career opportunities and apply today.